In person, over the phone, or on Skype, together we will brainstorm how to build your first garden or how to get an established garden back on track!
In a 1 hour consultation:
- get your garden creation questions answered
- address your practical garden maintenance needs and questions
- plan your first planting
- tackle existing garden challenges or floundering attempts
- explore how to get teachers, administration, family members, or community leaders on board
- discover how to weave the garden into the fabric of your home, school, or community
- spark enthusiasm and sense of wonder in all who visit your garden
- gain a gardening cheerleader and ally! Me! I know your thumb is really green!
I will provide you with LOTS of great ideas, practical advice, action plans, and follow-up resources based on the particular needs of your specific site and our discussion. The sky’s the limit! Let’s develop your dream garden and set you up for home, school, and community gardening success!
Get your AMS continuing education credits from the comfort of your home or school with this unique AMS webinar. Discover new ways to integrate your school garden and outdoor environment into the classroom environment using Nature-Study and nature journaling. Click here to participate as an individual or get the school involved and register as a group!
Speaking and Presentations
How does your school garden grow?
Let’s customize an artistic, garden-based, wonder inspiring workshop (in person or online) or assembly that fits the needs of your school and budget!
Wings, Worms, and Wonder Workshops are specifically designed to inspire teachers, students, and the school community to reignite and draw on their own senses of wonder to weave creative gardening and nature-study across the fabric of the school. Each workshop is developed to meet the school’s specific needs and visions for their garden or garden program.
Learn more about Speaking and Presentations
Community Leaders & Gardeners
Need a great garden based program for your scout or community garden group?
Look no further than my Wings, Worms, and Wonder Community Workshops!
I create a variety of nature and garden based education events including:
- “circle time” style children’s gardening workshops
- children’s garden workshops to meet a specific goal (for earning a badge or level)
- practical adult gardening how-to workshops
- nature journaling workshops
- book readings
- community garden opening speaker presentations
- helping you develop and execute a garden building event
- conversational “TED Talk” style adult presentations on the benefits of children’s nature connection
- spark (or respark) your sense of wonder workshops for adults or children
Community Workshop Rates- $100, 1 hour presentation or workshop on the desired topic that includes:
- experiential activity that illustrates the topic being presented
- brainstorming and question and answer session
- book signings may also be included following the event
- Alternate rates are available for longer, multiple day, and series programs and workshops. Just ask!
- Travel and housing, if necessary, is not included in rates. Additional supply fees may apply.
Add a community garden consultation to your workshop. Check the consultation options!
Parents & Families
Are you looking for a holistic garden experience for your homeschool or “Mommy &Me” style group?
Let me create a workshop for you! Flexible and developmentally appropriate, I can bring the wonders of nature to your children ages 18 months to 18 years! Choose a focus from a variety of topics including:
- visual art
- nature journaling
- sensory experience
- botanical science
- how-to “grow your own” garden techniques
- home garden consultation
- or anything our imaginations sprout!
Rate-$70 per hour when workshops are hosted at the Beaches Organic Children’s Garden
Travel and housing, if necessary, is not included in rate of workshops hosted at other locations. Additional supply fees may also apply depending on the desired activities.
Let me lead an activity at your child’s garden themed birthday party!
From ladybugs and butterflies to worms and farmer themes, I will come to lead the group in an hour hands on activity that includes story, song, and an activity that fits your garden themed party! Who wants a clown or magician when wonder sparked smiles and the magic of nature can guide the children to garden fun!
Contact me to develop a custom party program for your next garden party!
Rate – $175, supplies included for up to 20 children.
Travel and housing fees, if necessary, are not included in rates. Additional supply fees may also apply depending on the desired activities and additional children.
Looking to integrate more nature activities into home life?
Schedule a home consultation.
I’ll help you set up a Montessori based, nature inspired, practical life environment in your home that will help your 18 month – 9 year old child/ren discover the ways that nature is a part of our life!
Through developmentally appropriate Montessori practical life activities, children:
develop positive self attitude and initiative,
understand that they are needed in the running of the home,
and that they can give to others through useful work, while…
developing movement coordination,
and learning skills and patterns to prepare them for future actions and learning.
Contact me to schedule a consultation!
Travel fees, if necessary, are not included in rates.
Would your child benefit from Creative Nature Based Tutoring?
That’s where I come in! Put my years as a Montessori elementary teacher, art teacher, and published author to work for your family! I look forward to helping local Beaches and Jacksonville families and students through my creative tutoring sessions!
In each hour and 15 minute session will focus 45 minutes on academic tutoring and 30 minutes on gardening and/or art! Your child will receive the academic benefits of outdoor learning while building academic confidence and skills while having some garden fun as well!
Who is tutoring for? Families and students who…
- Just need a little extra time and a slower pace in a nurturing environment to really comprehend skills and build academic confidence.
- Want to relieve tension in the afternoons by freeing Mom or Dad from the responsibility of what often feels like forcing the children to get through their homework.
- Would benefit from nurturing remediation, from a professional, in subjects such as math and reading.
- Are seeking professional coaching in writing for both school papers and college entrance essays.
Time for creative and garden experiences in writing tutoring for middle and high school students is flexible and highly encouraged. Time in nature, even just to chat and brainstorm, is extremely valuable for adolescent development.
Sessions are hosted in the Beaches Organic Community Children’s Garden, rainy or extremely cold day sessions will be held at the Beaches Branch Library.
Rate-$60 per session when sessions are hosted at the Beaches Organic Children’s Garden
Travel, if necessary, is not included in rate of sessions hosted at other locations.
I also provide a variety of resources to help you create garden based experiences for the children in your life through my books, card sets, kits, and garden accessories. Check them out in the Etsy shop!
Add a home garden consultation to your workshop or tutoring! Check the consultation options!